Building Your Business
Building Your Business is a three-month program providing a comprehensive real-world business growth and personal leadership development experience. Participants will validate and update their plan to grow their business guided by the Kauffman Foundation’s FastTrac Growth Venture curriculum together with the Institute’s Inside First thinking.
Participants stay connected to mentors of our White River Council for a five-year period when a royalty payment and equity agreement is in effect. The program is available three times a year starting in January, June and September delivered by Adjunct Faculty at the Frechette BaseCamp at the Walking Mountains Science School in Avon.
Who Should Participate?
- Business owners and executives who are accelerating existing early-stage businesses.
- Organizational founders with concepts they are committed to full-time.
- Serial entrepreneurs.
What are the Benefits?
- Creating a sharp vision of your future tied to your values and your plan provides a powerful roadmap to significance.
- Understanding your entrepreneurial instincts and planning your work creates organizations that are “built to last.”
- Developing a clearer sense of your purpose energizes your life and work because people with passion for their calling are more fully engaged.
- Working with a small cohort of trusted advisors and mentors to develop your business.
- A two-day off-site retreat including lodging and meals
- Two workbooks: FastTrac Growth Venture and Inside First
- Five three-day weekend sessions
- Investor Day; an opportunity to pitch angel investors
- Five years of expert mentoring, plus access to Institute events.
- Lifetime access the Kauffman Resource Center
- Bonus: Explorer membership in the Leaders Network ($500 value)
What are the Economics?
- The Peak Performers Fund invests $7500 in each participant who enters into an agreement committing a 3% equity stake and a 3% royalty for five years.